WARM GRILLED MARINATED SHRIMP CAESAR SALAD
Prep Time: 35 MINUTES - UP TO 24 HOURS
Cook Time: 3 - 5 MINUTES
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Old Bay or other seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 raw shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- Coarse grated Parmesan, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Chopped scallions, optional
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl & pour marinade over them. Gently stir to fully coat shrimp. Transfer shrimp to plastic bag; pour in remaining marinade. Squeeze air out of bag & seal. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- Cut both heads of romaine lettuce in half & brush with Caesar salad dressing.
- Char lettuce wedges on grill over high heat just long enough to get marks.
- Divide marinaded shrimp in half & put on metal skewers. Brush with dressing.
- Lightly oil grates on a medium-high grill. Cook shrimp until edges begin to turn white, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until shrimp is white and no longer translucent, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Plate family style, shrimp on grilled romaine, topped with Parmesan & croutons. Season with salt & pepper. Add scallions, if desired.