MARINATED GRILLED PORK CHOPS
WITH FIRECRACKER APPLESAUCE
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 10-ounce pork chops, excess fat removed, frenched
- Pomegranate seeds/chopped Serrano chili, if desired for garnish
- Combine the olive oil, parsley, thyme, garlic, sage and lemon zest in a flat baking dish. Add the pork chops and allow them to marinate, turning them occasionally for 3 hours.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and place them on the grill, fat side down. Sear, turning occasionally, for about 12 minutes, or until all sides are brown and the internal temperature of the meat has reached 140 degrees.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the Wood-Roasted Vegetables. *
- Serve with Firecracker Applesauce * and vegetables.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and/or chopped serrano chilies for extra color and a spicy-sweet pop.