HERBED SMOKE SEARED TUNA
WITH ASPARAGUS, MUSHROOMS & PINEAPPLE
Prep Time: 20 MINUTES
Cook Time: 10 - 15 MINUTES
- 2 six (6) oz tuna steaks
- 8 asparagus spears
- 6-8 large mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 pineapple slices, ¼ inch thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh herbs – rosemary, thyme
- Half bunch of chives – optional
- Red pepper flakes – optional
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Use olive oil, salt & pepper to create marinade. Divide. Use half for tuna and the rest for the mushrooms & pineapple in a different dish.
- Season pineapple with black peppercorn pressed into the slices then sear marinated mushrooms and pineapple on high heat. Move off heat & keep warm.
- Boil the asparagus on the burner or grill directly from the raw state, on the lower heat side of grill. Char on high, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season tuna with oil, salt & pepper. Place fresh herbs on grill and cook tuna on top of them to desired doneness with high heat, infusing tuna with smoke.
- To plate, put asparagus and mushrooms on the bottom. Top with tuna and pineapple. Reserve charred herbs for garnish, if desired.
- Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with chives & red pepper flakes, to taste.