Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 Minutes
- 6 cored, quartered Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup serrano chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- Apple cider to taste
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 whole clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 2-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds and/or pomegranate molasses, if desired
- Lightly salt & pepper apples slices tossed in and grilled with olive oil 4 minutes each side.
- Add grilled apples chilies, vinegar, salt, clove, bay leaf and cinnamon stick in a large, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes, or until the apples are falling apart and the mixture has reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Puree mixture until you have reached an applesauce consistency.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and pomegranate molasses for Christmas color on the grilled pork chop.*