DB’S LAMB CHOPS
WITH SAUTÉED PEARL ONIONS & VEGGIES
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 - 2 lamb racks, frenched
- 1 tablespoon fine herbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 12 pearl onions, peeled & blanched
- 3 carrots, cut into small sticks & blanched
- 3 eggplants, cut into small sticks & blanched
- 2 yellow squash, seeds removed & cut into small sticks
- 2 zucchini, de-seeded & cut into small sticks
- 2 red bell peppers, de-seeded & cut into small sticks
- 1 teaspoon shallots (diced)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Score the lamb rack fat, season with salt & pepper and put them, fat side down, onto hot grill.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook the meat for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to lower heat side & roast for 8 mins. Turn the lamb & continue to roast for an additional 6 mins, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reads 140º.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots & sauté them for about 3 minutes, or until they have sweat in their liquid but have not taken on any color.
- Add pearl onions, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash & bell pepper. Add stock, bring to boil. Lower heat & cook for about 4 mins, or until the vegetables are just cooked. Remove from heat. Season with salt & pepper.
- Carve lamb into chops & place on a serving platter. Place the vegetables in a separate bowl & serve, family style.