WITH ONIONS & MUSHROOMS
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 - 40 Minutes
- 6 thick strips raw bacon, diced into small cubes
- 2 lbs ground sirloin formed into 8 oz patties
- 2 small peeled and thickly sliced yellow onions
- 4 cups domestic mushrooms cut in half
- Beef stock, for deglazing
- Shallots, finely diced
- 3 - 4 teaspoons of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Eggs (optional)
- 8 - 12 asparagus spears (optional)
- Roughly mix beef with shallots, half of thyme, salt & pepper. Form into patties.
- Crisp bacon over medium heat. Add onions, let caramelize, about 12 to 15 mins.
- Sear the meat for 2 to 3 mins per side until browned but not cooked through. Move off sear burner to lower heat and cook to desired doneness.
- Grill mushrooms to get them charred. Add to bacon/onion mixture, if desired.
- Once vegetables are nice and golden brown, deglaze with beef stock, adding in remaining thyme, salt & pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low for 20 to 25 mins or until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- If desired, grill asparagus and fry eggs for plating. Garnish with thyme.