OVEN BAKED MAC & CHEESE
WITH GRILLED RIBS
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES + 1 - 2 HOURS (RIBS)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni noodles
- 8 oz milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Rack of baby back ribs & preferred seasoning/sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Bring water to a boil. Cook the noodles till al dente and strain.
- In a small sauce pot, melt the butter and add flour.
- Cook while stirring for about two minutes until the flour and butter mixture has a little color.
- Add the milk and whisk to prevent clumps.
- Bring the milk to a boil let it thicken.
- Add the cheddar cheese to melt and then combine with the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer into oven-safe pan/dish and place in oven to bake and crisp the top.
- Season the rack and place on grill meat-side up. They’re done when the meat has shrunk back from the ends of the bone to expose it and the meat’s internal temperature reaches 190 F. Slice into 2-rib portions.
- Serve ribs on top of baked mac & cheese.