OUTDOOR “DOUBLE FRIED” SWEET POTATO FRIES
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 5 - 10 MINUTES
Serves: 2 - 4
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into thick sticks
- Canola oil
- Sea salt
- Scallions, for garnish, if desired
- Working in small batches, blanch (pre-fry) the potatoes in oil at a lower temperature until they go from shiny to matte and are soft to touch, 3 to 7 minutes. Drain well on paper towels. Do not refrigerate.
- Right before serving, and making sure oil is at a hotter temperature than before, briefly fry the sweet potatoes a second time (1-2 mins). Keep them moving in the pot of oil to get an even, perfectly cooked crispy result.
- Remove with wire spatula and again drain on paper towel.
- Toss and season with salt, then top with sliced scallions, before plating.