ROASTED WHOLE TURKEY
WITH CHARRED ORANGES & ONIONS
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 2 HOURS 45 MINUTES
- 1 fresh turkey
- 3-5 oranges
- 3-5 onions
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to at least 350º.
- Prepare turkey by rinsing in cold water.
- Char enough whole oranges and onions for inside of turkey (Onions may be cut after charring to fit).
- Fill cavity with onions and whole oranges.
- Season exterior with spices to taste.
- Place in roasting pan to catch drippings.
- Rotate turkey every 30 minutes, keeping temperature between 350º - 400º.
- Roast 14-15 minutes per pound ( Cooking time given was for an 11 lb. turkey).
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.