Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
Cook Time: 2 - 3 MINUTES
- 1 8-10 oz pizza dough (See separate recipe for Making the Dough or instructions for Preparing Gluten Free Crust, if you prefer)
- All purpose flour
- 3-4 oz pizza sauce (Crushed tomatoes, sea salt, fresh basil leaves)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
- Pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat pizza oven for 20 minutes with door closed until internal temp reaches 450° F and oven floor temperature is 700° F.
- Prepare crust using the flour to help. (See separate detailed instructions)
- Rub flour into wooden pizza peel and place crust on top.
- Add sauce to dough, avoiding last ½ inch of crust.
- Place fresh basil on top (having under cheese prevents them from burning).
- Add fresh mozzarella, cubed.
- Add pecorino romano or parmesan cheese, whichever you prefer.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Bake turning with metal peel until bottom is crispy & crust is evenly cooked.
- Slice and serve hot!