MUSHROOM WHITE PIZZA
- 1 8-10 oz pizza dough (See separate recipe for Making the Dough or instructions for Preparing Gluten Free Crust, if you prefer)
- All purpose flour
- 3-4 oz pizza sauce (Crushed tomatoes, sea salt, fresh basil leaves)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
- Pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil (omit if using pre-packaged mozzarella)
- *See instructions for preparation of vegetable ingredients prior to adding to pizza
- Preheat pizza oven for 20 minutes with door closed until internal temp reaches 450° F and oven floor temperature is 700° F.
- Prepare crust using the flour to help. (See separate detailed instructions)
- Rub flour into wooden pizza peel and place crust on top.
- Spread layer of ricotta cheese on dough, avoiding last ½ inch of crust.
- Add mushrooms*
- Add pecorino romano or parmesan cheese, whichever you prefer.
- Bake turning with metal peel until bottom is crispy & crust is evenly cooked.
- After pizza comes out of the oven, finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice and serve hot!