GRILLED TURKEY BREAST AVOCADO TOAST
WITH POMEGRANATE SEEDS
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
Serves: 4 - 6
- 5-6 lbs. turkey breast, cut into 12 slices
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 6 slices hearty whole grain bread
- 3 avocados
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 ½ lemons, juiced
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- Olive oil
- Place turkey breast inside a large foil pan on grill rack. Season with salt & pepper.
- Brush breast with melted butter. Grill with lid closed, until the turkey breast skin is golden and internal temp reaches 145ºF in the thickest part - approx. 1 hour.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 15 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- While turkey is resting, lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil. Toast on medium grill with lid closed until grill marks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and grill the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Pit the avocados and scoop out flesh into a bowl. Add the lemon juice, and hot sauce. Mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Divide avocado between toast slices and spread to an even layer. Top each slice with two slices of turkey. Sprinkle with goat cheese, chives & pomegranate seeds.