Grilled Pork Chops
with Little Neck Clams
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 stalks green asparagus, steamed and cut into thirds
- 4 stalks white asparagus, steamed and cut into thirds
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- Four 8-ounce pork chops
- 1 teaspoon slivered garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small diced
- 24 littleneck clams
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high
- Assemble four kebabs by skewering alternating 3 pieces of green and 3 pieces of white asparagus on each skewer. Place 2 roasted garlic cloves on the top.
- Season the pork chops with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees for medium and 155 degrees for well done.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the garlic and peppers. Add the clams and wine and cover. Allow the clams to steam until they are open, about 5 minutes. Add the parsley last and season with salt and pepper to taste.