Grilled Pears & Strawberries
With Eggnog whipped cream
- 4 ripe pears, halved lengthwise and cored
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped, dried cranberries (craisins)
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Orange zest (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓-½ cup eggnog
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar (optional, depending on desired sweetness)
For Whipped Cream:
- Paint pears with olive oil, lightly salt and pepper
- Grill on a high heat, cut side down for 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to further soften.
- To make the whipped cream: Combine cream, eggnog and confectioners sugar (optional) in a cold bowl and whip to medium-stiff peaks.
- While cream is whipping, melt butter with sugar in saucepan. Add orange zest.
- Add craisins and walnuts, stir to coat.
- Add strawberries and stir/toss everything to combine. Let caramelize for 1-2 minutes. Before plating, top with more orange zest and sprinkle of sugar.
- Plate pears and top with warm strawberry, craisin, walnut mixture.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle chopped craisins, pomegranates and walnuts on top.