DARK CHERRY GALETTE
WITH SALTED DARK CHOCOLATE
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 pre-made pie crust (found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store)
- 1 – 2 cups ripe pitted cherries
- 1 sea salted dark chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 pats (about 1 – 2 teaspoons) butter, plus more to grease pan
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, plus approximately 1/2 teaspoon zest to finish
- Let flames die down so oven temperature is no hotter than 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the cherries with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix and let sit for 5-10 minutes so the sugar/lemon juice macerate the cherries and bring out their juice.
- Coat a cast iron pan with butter.
- Lay the crust in the pan and sprinkle with chocolate pieces.
- Add cherry mixture on top, being careful to fold the edges over to create a free-form crust so the juices cannot escape.
- Add pats of butter to the mixture.
- Put pan in oven and let your galette start to cook. Once the top starts to brown, wrap top with foil and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- Check bottom for doneness, when bottom is browned, remove from oven.
- Finish it with fresh lemon zest and serve with vanilla ice cream!