WITH BLACKBERRIES OVER VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 – 25 MINUTES
- 2 oz butter
- 8 oz diced apples (medium) preferably Granny Smiths – about 2 apples
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry (optional addition)
- 4 oz brandy
- 8 oz fresh blackberries
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- In heavy bottom pot, heat butter over medium heat, until hot and butter is cooking.
- Add apples, and begin to caramelize, coating with butter.
- Once apples begin to turn tender, add sugar, and let melt in the pan.
- Caramelize sugar until golden brown.
- Add brandy and cinnamon, stir all together.
- Reduce until sauce has a thick consistency.
- Remove from stove, add blackberries (reserve some for garnish), let stand to cool a little bit.
- Pour over vanilla bean ice cream while warm.
- Add whipped cream.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries and mint